Assessing the strength and longevity of a brand
The Visit Chester & Cheshire (VCC) brand was introduced in June 2004 following the launch of Visit Chester. Four years on, VCC decided to review the branding to see if it was still applicable or if any adjustments or tweaks were required in how Chester & Cheshire was presented from a tourism perspective.
Conducting branding research
VCC commissioned Qa to assess the success of the Chester and Cheshire brand and help inform its future development.
Specific objectives included:
- Measuring awareness and recognition of the brand
- Understanding how well the brand reflects VCC core values
- Exploring perceptions of what Chester and Cheshire offers visitors
- Assessing stakeholder opinions of the brand’s long term suitability
- Testing reactions to potential new designs
The research commenced with a quantitative online survey which produced around 500 responses. Depth interviews with selected local stakeholders such as hotels, attractions and local politicians followed, before the research ended with consumer focus groups.
Brand development based on evidence
Assessing the relevance and suitability of a brand with visitors and stakeholders can offer new insights. Our research findings give VCC the opportunity to consider changes to its brand in accordance with new demands and changing perceptions.
For more details e-mail email@example.com or call 01904 632039