National Childminding Association membership survey
Every year The National Childminding Association (NCMA), the national charity and membership organisation for registered childminders in England and Wales, conducts a survey of its childminder-members. The purpose of the survey is to gather and analyse data on the personal and business circumstances of childminders.
The contract to run the 2007 NCMA annual membership survey was awarded to Qa Research. 1,000 CATI (computer assisted telephone interviews) were conducted with childminder-members in England and Wales during January and February 2007.
Experience of conducting similar quantitative surveys for organisations such as The Prince’s Trust, City & Guilds and countless Sure Start partnerships and Early Years departments meant we could advise on any additional questions to compliment the existing survey. The new survey was designed by NCMA in conjunction with Qa Research and covered the following broad subject headings:
- Childminding Business – number of children cared for, vacancies and types of care offered
- Fees, Pay and Conditions – how much childminders charge and how these charges vary between regions
- Community Childminding – care offered to disabled children / children with special educational needs or children from social services
- Qualifications – childminding and non-childminding related education and training
- Internet and computers – information about access to, and use of, computers, email and the internet
Understanding the membership
Our report gave the NCMA a detailed breakdown of its current membership and highlighted key facts about their background and working conditions, including:
- 10% of childminders are from BME communities
- almost one-third of childminders have ten or more years experience
- 56% of childminders had vacancies at the time of the research
The NCMA now has a comprehensive understanding of its membership and their working conditions and can use this information to help guide the implementation of a new strategic five-year plan.
For more details e-mail email@example.com or call 01904 632039