Leeds City Council has commissioned Qa to investigate waste disposal behaviour and attitudes to recycling.
Focus groups and telephone interviews will be conducted in the Inner North West of Leeds, an area known for its high numbers of students.
The objectives of the research include:
- assessing awareness levels of waste and recycling services
- understanding barriers to waste recycling
- exploring ways to develop/promote greater participation in waste recycling
- examining whether housing type and neighbourhood layout influence waste disposal habits
- comparing the behaviour and attitudes of students and residents to waste and recycling
The findings will help promote engagement with students and local residents, increase awareness of waste and recycling services, and inform the development of local waste and recycling initiatives.
For more information on our communities research services contact Michael Fountain on 01904 632039 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org