Understanding Shopper behaviour to inform improvements
Three years after opening, St Stephens Shopping Centre in Hull established the need to repeat a programme of research to gain a more comprehensive understanding of their current and potential customers.
The Centre had already enhanced the centre’s environment which had significantly increased footfall. In order to continuously provide excellent customer service, Qa Research was commissioned to conduct a programme of research.
Capturing Perceptions, Experiences and Motivation
Quantitative face to face exit interviews with current customers were conducted by Qa’s in house interviewer team. In addition, to establish the views of potential customers, telephone interviews with a broad sample from within the centre’s catchment area were conducted by Qa’s experienced in house telephone interviewers.
Looking to the Future
Qa’s findings provided St Stephens with insights about both current and potential customers. Key findings included:
- Profile of current and potential shoppers
- Which source of information (newspapers and radio) influenced shoppers and potential shoppers
- Spending levels by different types of shoppers
- Detailed suggestions for further improvements to the environment
- The appeal of spacific stores and catering outlets
- Barriers for current use of facilities
- Impact of distance on the levels of usage
For more details e-mail email@example.com or call 01904 732 214