Last updated: 9 May 2018
Cookies are text files that that are downloaded to your personal computer, smartphone, tablet or other device when you visit a website. They contain small amounts of information and allow a website to recognise when someone has visited the website before.
- Recognising if you have visited our website before – this allows us to highlight if you have clicked on a link before. These cookies are used to improve the experience of visitors and are called Functional Cookies.
- Recording visits to our website – these cookies allow us to recognise repeat visitors and record the number of visitors to our website. We can also record how visitors use our website, such as which pages they look at. These cookies are used to help us understand which pages on our website are most popular and are called Analytical/performance cookies. This includes Google Analytics, which uses collects information in an anonymised format;
- You can read more about Privacy at Google here; https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- For more information about Google Analytics visit the Google Analytics website
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
3. Other websites