Planning Policy: Industrial & Office Business Accommodation Survey in East Hampshire
Purpose of the Processing (the reasons we use your data)
East Hampshire District Council are the Data Controllers and will collect your personal data, to understand the land-use needs of local businesses
This data will help the Council to: –
- Inform the emerging East Hampshire Local Plan 2017-2036
- Meet the requirements of national planning policy
- Contribute towards sustainable development in East Hampshire
Lawful Basis for the Processing
The processing of your personal data is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest under the following UK law
- Planning & Compulsory Purchase Act, 2004; Section 39 establishes that the Council must undertake plan-making with the objective of contributing to sustainable development, and that it must have regard to national policies and guidance in doing so.
In addition; Paragraphs 80-82 of the revised National Planning Policy Framework establish the need for planning policies to be responsive to the needs of businesses.
If we cannot use your data, East Hampshire District Council would be unable to demonstrate compliance with the NPPF in its plan-making activities (i.e. that its emerging policies would be responsive to the land-use needs of businesses) and would not have met all of its statutory duties.
Categories of Personal Data being Processed
- Contact Details
Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if appropriate)
Legal Basis for Processing Special Categories of Personal Data
Who the data might be shared with
- Economic Development team of East Hampshire District Council
- Planning Inspectorate (a Government agency)
- Councillors of East Hampshire District Council
How Long Will the Data be Kept For
- Your data will be retained for the duration of the plan-making period and the subsequent period for legal challenge, following the adoption of the East Hampshire Local Plan 2017-2036.
- Your data will be deleted once the plan has been adopted by the Council and the formal legal challenge period (6 weeks) has elapsed.
Our use of your data will be subject to the following legal rights
- Your Right to be Informed
- Your Right to Access your personal data
- Your Right for us to Rectify your personal data
- Your Right to Restrict our processing of your personal data
- Your Right to Object to our processing of your personal data
When computers make any decisions about you
When your data gets sent to other countries
If you have concerns over the way we are asking for or using your personal data, please raise the matter with our Data Protection Officer by the following means:
Data Protection Officer,
Information Governance Team,
East Hampshire District Council
If you still have concerns following our response you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
0303 123 1113
For our full privacy notice: